Thursday, December 9, 2010

Spiced Nuts

I am a big snacker, but I am not particularly crazy about nuts. When I saw Giada De Laurentis do a spiced nuts recipe on TV, I thought "I like the spices, I may like this." I did. I simplified her recipe and added extra heat because that's what I like.






Ingredients
All listed quantities are estimated. Use your gut feel and your own preference for spice.

150g of raw almonds
150g of raw cashews
2 tbsp of peanut oil
1 tbsp of cumin powder
1 tbsp of garlic powder
1 tbsp of salt
1 tbsp of sugar
1 tbsp of cayenne pepper
1 tbsp of curry powder

Servings
Makes 3 cups

Cooking Time
Approximately 1 hour

Procedure
1. Preheat oven to 140 deg C.
2. Put nuts in bowl. Add oil and spices and mix well until all the nuts are well-coated.
3. Bake nuts in oven for about 50 minutes.
4. Turn heat up to 200 deg C and bake for a further 6-8 minutes, until nuts are crispy. Do not let it burn!

5. Allow nuts to cool before storing.

No comments:

Post a Comment